Portable LIDAR speed measurement with video
Portable LIDAR speed measurement with video
LaserCam 4 is the fourth generation hand-held video LIDAR from Kustom Signals. Click here for a video demo.
Powered by the ProLaser® 4 for superior performance, LaserCam 4 offers greater range to target, faster acquisition time, and image resolution of plates at longer distances providing a comprehensive video record of Speed Enforcement and target tracking history.
With patent pending features including AutoTrak™, LaserCam 4 continually zooms with target tracking, optimizing target specific speed measurements and simplifying the user experience. The result is irrefutable video evidence confirming every Speed Enforcement citation with capability to record seatbelt or mobile phone infractions. AutoTrak™ menu choices offer after recording zoom options for tracking the next target. This allows the user to select their preference or to program a custom zoom selection. After Recording Zoom returns the camera to the desired zoom level for efficient and continued enforcement operations target after target.
LaserCam 4 is enabled to wirelessly print to a Bluetooth® printer for roadside citations. User selected snapshots with on screen data are easily printed with one or two images per citation with GPS coordinates, serial number, operator ID and date and time stamp.
LaserCam 4 offers the user different camera presets for ambient lighting conditions whether day or night. Automatic mode records only video of targets over a user determined threshold speed while manual mode records all video while the trigger is pressed. Range mode captures video of recommended daily HUD alignment and Range testing and allows the user to capture video with range data during accident reconstruction. Video only mode records videos of any non-speed enforcement event.
The large 8.1 cm (3.2”) high resolution color display and intuitive, glove-friendly touch screen control make the LaserCam 4 simple to operate. The large display and easy to navigate menus utilize icons for ease of use. The LaserCam 4 supports multiple languages with a simple pull down menu without the need for factory support to reprogram.
The ProLogTM back office enables any agency to easily manage their video evidence by securely storing each video, image, and metadata generated by their LaserCam 4, PLVideo and their ProLaser 4 Events data. Scalable upgrades to ProLog include ProLog Standard or ProLog Standard Client which add multiple device support, administrative reporting and networking capabilities to a database. ProLog reports incorporate useful tools such as speed versus time tracking history graph.
The ergonomic and rugged design makes it a well-balanced, hand-held unit with available shoulder stock and tripod mount, if preferred. LaserCam 4 can be operated as a corded unit or with batteries.
- Video LIDAR for comprehensive tracking history
- AutoTrak: Auto zoom with target tracking simplifies use
- Bluetooth wireless roadside printing
- Powered by ProLaser 4 for superior performance.
- Multiple speed limit support to enforce different vehicle classes and different approaching and receding target speed limits
- Video and new customizable Photo Mode for flexible and efficient evidence management
- Wi-Fi file transfer
- AES 256 encryption for added security
- IR emitter for superior night-time video or image capture
- Upgrade to 64 GB video memory for 33+ hours of continuous video
- Now Shipping! Long range optical lens accessory
LaserCam 4 Basic Specifications
AutoTrak™ (patent pending)
- Automatic optical zoom with approaching & receding target tracking
- User selectable post recording action for faster target to target measurement (returns camera zoom to desired initial view)
On image data
- Date, time, serial number, GPS or site code, record #, user ID, operating mode, camera mode, posted speed, capture speed, target speed and range with units, and laser diameter at the target (several fields optional)
- Video: Automatic, manual, range with video, video record only
- Photo: Automatic, manual, range with photo*, photo* only
- Poor weather toggle on/off in all laser measurement modes
- AES 256 on file transfer
Optimum Focal Distance
- From 10 m to 500 m (33 to 1,640 ft.)
- Identify European registration plates at 200+ meters (650 ft.) – typical
- Identify US registration plates at 575 ft. (175+ m) - typical
- ±1 km/h (±1 mph)
- 16 to 320 km/h (10 to 200 mph)
- optional 0 minimum speed
- 3 m. (10 ft.) up to 2.4 km (up to 8,000 ft.)
- ± 0.15 m (± 6 inches)
- 10+ hours (typical), battery level indicator on rear display
- 1.70 kg (3 lb. 12.1 oz.) with battery
- 1.46 kg ( 3lb. 3.4 oz. ) without battery
- 17.3 cm x 10.7 cm x 31.2 cm (6.8 in. x 4.2 in. x 12.3 in.)
- Audio recording with video modes (option to disable)
Touch Screen Display
- 8.1 cm 800 x 480, color touch screen (3.2”), glove friendly
- IEEE 802.11 B/G/N with rear display icon
- 3.7 v dc, 10.8Ah Lithium Polymer rechargeable battery pack
Please click here for LaserCam 4 detailed specifications.